A personal loan can come to your aid in several different situations. For instance, if you want to buy a car, send your child to a better school, repay another existing loan such as a home loan, invest money upfront for a business, or meet an unexpected financial situation, personal loans come to your rescue. Check out Nettivipit for some interesting financial bids and credits.
Although it is not as difficult as it used to be in the past to get a personal loan these days if you have a steady income, you might encounter certain last-minute surprises that may result in your loan being rejected. In order to prevent such circumstances, you need to be fully prepared and ensure that you are eligible for the loan under all circumstances.
Here are some tips to ensure that you get a fully approved personal loan.
- Meet the Eligibility Criteria – Anything that needs an approval will have certain eligibility criteria that need to be met fully and the same holds true for a personal loan. Most financial lending institutions including banks will have certain eligibility criteria such as the age limit, monthly earning potential, and so on. For instance, while some banks sanction loans only to those who are over 21 years of age, while others do not hesitate to approve loans to those who attained 18 years. Moreover, some banks do not provide loans for those who have crossed 60 years while other lending intuitions may have special loans for senior citizens. Hence, check if you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Maintain a Good Credit Score – Banks usually calculate your credit score based on your debits and credits and is calculated using past loan repayment behavior and overall credit payments. What score should a person maintain for availing a loan will depend on the lending institution. However, if you are regular with all your repayments and show a strong credit history, then higher will be your score. Moreover, the higher the credit score means lesser are the chances for your loan to be rejected. Therefore, ensure to maintain a good score.
- Avail Only What is Needed – If you getting something do not be greedy and ask for more because there might be consequences. Remember to always apply for a loan amount that you actually need and not a penny more. Loans come with an interest, which makes you repay an amount that will eventually be higher than what you borrow. Hence, if you do not have a good borrowing capacity, applying for a larger sum will only add to the more financial burden and longer repayment tenure. Therefore, calculate your repayment capacity and apply for a loan that you know for sure can be handled by you.
- Submit Only One Application at a Time – Some people think that they are playing it safe by applying for the same loan or applying for part loans from different sources rather than applying the required amount from one single bank. However, this will only reduce your chances of getting the loan approved. If a bank or a lending institution gets to know about this foul play, then they might simply reject your loan for improper borrowing behavior and for the fact that they believe you might not choose the bank that approves your loan. Further, this caused additional paperwork for the banks, which is not usually entertained.
- Do Not Hit Yourself with Many Loans – Some people go on a loan-borrowing spree, for instance, they take a home loan, car loans, education loan, marriage loan, and to top it all an additional personal loan to add to the list. However, if you have a stable income that lets you repay all these loans on time, it may be okay to do so but not recommended because you are adding so much stress to your financial burdens. Moreover, banks do not normally entertain giving out loans to persons who have taken more than one loan in the past six months and show records of high financial burdens.
Therefore, if a bank sees that you do not meet the eligibility criteria, do not have a good credit score, do not have a strong repayment capacity, have sent in too many applications or have taken out too many loans, then chances are that banks will not approve your loan. Hence, make sure you meet the above requirements for an easy loan approval process.